The Bitnami banner links to the Bitnami Info Page which provides information about the installed application resources as well as useful links to documentation which is accessible by clicking the Bitnami banner at the right bottom corner webpage as in the screenshot below.
This tutorial will guide you on how to remove / disable the banner completely in less than 2 minutes with ease.
Before we kick off with this tutorial;
Make sure you are running the Bitnami Version of WordPress on Google Cloud.
Let’s get on with it…
1. Login to your Google Cloud Platform account and click on the Navigation Menu icon from your Google Cloud Dashboard as shown below.
2. From the sidebar menu, click or hover on the Compute Engine link and click on the VM instances link from the popped menu as shown in the screenshot below.
3. From your VM instances screen, click on the SSH link next to the instance you just deployed as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Enter or Copy & Paste the command below into your SSH terminal as shown in the SSH Terminal screenshot below.
sudo /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/bnconfig --disable_banner 1
5. In order for the changes to take effect, copy and paste the below command line into the SSH terminal and hit enter to restart the Apache Web server as in the screenshot below.
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache
You just removed the Bitnami corner banner from your WordPress website, open your website in a web browser from any device and the banner should be gone. I hope you found this post useful and you have been able to remove the Bitnami corner banner from your WordPress website.
Drop any questions you may have in the comments section below and I will respond as soon as I can. Remember to like share and subscribe to our Social Media channels (links in sidebar and footer). @KwikHacks