When you purchase a traditional web hosting, there is a 100% chance you’ll get a free business email right out of the box. In the case of cloud hosting such as Google Cloud, you will need a third-party email hosting provider to do that.
What is a domain name?
Why use a custom domain?
Having a custom domain email adds to your business’s overall credibility. It not only shows that you are a professional operation but an official, legitimate operation.
Using a non-custom domain email can look like you’re not sure what you’re doing. It gives off the impression that you are winging it and just using whatever free service comes your way. It can call into question whether or not you are using the top resources and services to secure your customer’s information and even payment information.
Take this simple exercise as an example: Which business would you trust more when handing over credit card numbers, PayPal payments and so on?
In this tutorial, I will you’ll be learning how to set up custom emails for your domain name using Migadu email service.
How much does it cost?
Migadu offers all its client an unlimited trial plan andI have used this myself for years. The Migadu free plan supports one email domain, an unlimited number of mailboxes, 1 Gigabyte of email storage and 10 outgoing messages per day which include a discreet signature “Sent via Migadu” at the bottom of each message.
If the limits of the free trial plan fit your needs and you do not mind the signature, you are welcome to stay on the free plan forever. There is no time limit. No credit card is required.
Why choose Migadu?
Highest Regard for Privacy
Email protocols are unfortunately not built with privacy in mind. We are still debating whether that is a good or bad thing.
Nevertheless, Migadu does everything possible an email provider can to ensure your peace of mind. Email transfers use encryption certificates of the highest strength, and employees have a very limited, monitored access to email storages.
Automatically Forward Messages With Aliases
Aliases allow you to create “virtual” addresses that automatically forward messages sent to them to destinations of your choice. Best of all, they can co-exist with mailboxes of same address.
Aliases can be used for receipts, newsletters, team notifications, delegations to Gmail and more.
Custom Spam Filters & Many More
Not every address is the same, so why should spam settings be standardized? Some addresses simply tend to receive more spam than others. With Migadu you can customize the filters on the domain or mailbox level according to your needs.
Let’s Get Started
1. With your internet browser navigate to www.migadu.com as in the screenshot below.
2. Click on the Start for Free button or the My Account button in the left pane as in the screenshot below.
3. Click on the No account yet? button or the Register Account button in the left pane as in the screenshot below.
4. Enter your new account information in the New account registrations form and click on the Sign Up button as in the screenshot below.
5. Migadu will send you an email to confirm your account, sign in to your email and then click on the account confirmation link as in the screenshot below
6. On the next page choose and account password and then click on the Confirm Account button to proceed as in the screenshot below.
7. To set up your custom email addresses, click on the Add Domain button as highlighted in the screenshot below
8. Enter your domain name , select Use External Nameservers , check the Create Default Address  button under Default Email Addresses and the click the Add Email Domain  button as in the screenshot below.
9. You are provided with DNS records by Migadu, login to your domain name provider and add them to your DNS records and then click Done? Check Configuration » as in the screenshot below.
10. The next page you see should be like the screenshot below if your DNS records were correctly added if not you should go over it again.
11. You may want to add a few mailboxes now that you have configured your custom domain email. Click on the Mailboxes link as in the screenshot below.
12. Click on the Add a Mailbox link as shown in the screenshot below.
13. Input the preferred address without @yourdomain.com , give your new mailbox a name , choose between inviting the user to set their own password and setting the initial password yourself , and then click Create Mailbox as in the screenshot below.
I hope you find this post useful and that you have been able to Setup Free Custom Domain Email for your domain name both on and off Google Cloud.
Drop any questions you may have in the comments section below and I will respond as soon as I can. Remember to like share and subscribe to our Social Media channels (links in sidebar and footer). @KwikHacks
I am in no way associated with Migadu and I do not receive any form of compensation, monetary or otherwise, for recommending their services. The contents provided here are for educational purposes only.